By: Contributed Report | Twitter: @SSDispatch
Posted: May 20, 2020 | 12:45 p.m.
Registration required; will open four days prior to each testing date
REGION – The Crater Health District is continuing COVID-19 community testing throughout the district during the week of May 23-30. Seven testing events are scheduled from 9 a.m. to noon at the following locations:
- Saturday, May 23 PETERSBURG- Petersburg Sports Complex 100 Ballpark Road, Petersburg
- Sunday, May 24, PRINCE GEORGE – JEJ Moore School 11455 Prince George Drive, Disputanta
- Tuesday, May 26, DINWIDDIE – Sports Complex – 5850 R. B. Pamplin Drive, Sutherland
- Wednesday, May 27, SUSSEX – Sussex Middle School 21356 Sussex Drive, Stony Creek
- Thursday, May 28, SURRY – Recreation Center 205 Enos Farm Drive, Surry
- Friday, May 29, EMPORIA /GREENSVILLE – Washington Park, 750 Dry Bread Road, Emporia
- Saturday, May 30, HOPEWELL – Hopewell High School, 400 South Mesa Drive, Hopewell
Testing will be conducted by appointment to facilitate safety and social distancing. To register, call the Crater Health District hotline starting four days prior to each test event date at 804.863.1652 option 1.
Testing is for persons age 5 and older who have COVID-19 symptoms, have been in contact with someone with COVID-19, who are pregnant, have underlying medical conditions that put them at risk, are age 65 and older or work in a congregate setting.
In order to be prescreened for testing, you must call 804.863.1652 option 1 in advance for a screening interview. Those that meet prescreening requirements for testing will receive an appointment time. To avoid lengthy wait times, please come to the site at your appointed time.
Symptoms of COVID-19 may include fever, cough, shortness of breath, flu-like symptoms, muscle pain, and new loss of taste or smell.
Copyright 2020 Womack Publishing